Today begins a new chapter in my life. I have decided to blog. So, to begin this adventure, let me share a little about myself. I was born in the cold winter month of January... no, seriously, I am a 34 year old red head who enjoys life in general. I am married to my soulmate. Now I know you find that hard to believe, but yes, Jimmy Henline is my soulmate. We recently purchased my dream home in a country setting called Westfield. My father constructed the dwelling in the 1980's & then had to sell it because he needed to relocate. It has always been a dream of mine to return to the residence. It is my home. It is my heritage & I thank God everyday for the opportunity he has given me to live here. I wake up every morning very blessed & never take a day in this house for granted.
I have a child, as I like to think of her, named Schatzie. She is my 8 year old Dauschund.
We live a rather comfortable lifestyle.
I work in Communications. Later on, I'm sure that I'll be rambling on & on about it, but for now, I'll leave it at that.
I love socialization. I Like to be around people & I love to make them feel better about themselves & smile. I guess if you get to know me, I'm hardly one that you will forget. I enjoy music, books, scrapbooking, movies( my passion), traveling to new places, & boating.
I am always joking around. People literally call me crazy because I'm a scatterbrain. I use the word scatterbrain because my Grandma Riffle labeled me with it & it fits perfectly.
Since this is Easter Sunday, I have decided to share my latest venture into mischief.
I went to the store this evening & bought plastic Easter eggs, a basket & candy so that I could surprise my neighbors (my aunt & uncle). I took the eggs & wrote their names on them & then proceeded to fill them with little notes about how great their neighbors (me & my husband) are. I also enclosed candy just to make them feel better. I called my cousin who gave me a ride to their house to drop off the present. I left it on their front porch with a Happy Easter sign & snuck out of there so that they would think the Easter Bunny dropped it off. My cousin forgot to unlock the car door, so here I am panting & racing back to the car so we can get out of there & can't get the door open. The dogs started barking & the motion light came on. I thought for sure that I was busted, but we got out of there & no one was the wiser. I can't wait to hear about their discovery later in the day. But knowing them, they might not say anything because they know I want to hear about it. When my cousin & I got back to my house, we spent the evening catching up because we hardly get the opportunity to do that. Let me just begin to tell you that she amazes me. This gal has been through some personal hardship in her life that I could never endure & yet she still always finds a way to keep her head above water. She has actually motivated me to try & always see the positve points in life. Move Forward. Never Look Back.
I hope that I can strive to obtain that.
Well, it's 5 the morning & I should have been to bed hours ago. I guess that if I don't hurry up, the Easter Bunny won't come!!! Who am I kidding?? A 34 year old woman waiting for a furry white rabbit with a basket of eggs & candy?? Hey, it's a chance to get chocolate & at my age, chocolate is a necessity. It quit being a luxury a long time ago. I would like to give a shout out to my cousin Kris, who inspired me to begin blogging in the first place. I have enjoyed reading her ramblings & now have a place to keep my own. I hope that she will stop by my page once in a while as I will always pay tribute to her at the end of each one. I love you Captain Jive!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joe wanted me to let you know that officially, he was the first to read your blog. I didn't have time last night so he made a point of sharing a few things with me. Glad to know you are now in the blogsphere! Keep them coming.
Your story about purchasing the
home you had lived in as a child
may not make sense to some people, but it makes PERFECT sense to me.
A letter I wrote about my childhood
home ended up in a book about
Orange County, California via
the Anaheim Public Library where
I had written for information.
I didn't get any information but
I got a phone call asking for
permission to publish the letter!
Go figure! (I have lived in Arkansas since 1971.) I need to post that story on my blog.
You have a lovely family. God
bless you all and keep up the
blogging! It's good for the soul!
Post a Comment