Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Thoughts




My youngest sister had a Birthday this past week on April 2nd. We waited till Saturday evening to have her party. I can't believe my "Jo-Bear" has turned 20 years old. I can remember diapering her & singing her to sleep.

We had the usual cake & ice cream with candles & the singing of "Happy Birthday". I bought a pin the tail on the donkey game & some noise makers that truly weren't appropriate for a young adult party. But, ya know what?? We had a blast!! Jessica put the tail on the donkey's ear & as you can see, one of the guests, Brian Reed put the noisemakers in his ears!!

I think the best part of the evening was Charades. Jessica had to be Jar Jar Binx from Star Wars, Daniel was Adam Sandler, & I had to act out Chris Farley. Poor Joni had to act out Mary Katherine Gallegher. It was hilarious to say the least.

We played scrabble & needless to say Jessica hopes that she never has me for a partner again. I still think "be loaf" is a triple word score!! Jessica was about ready to kill me because I kept making up non existent words. If the dictionary was left up to me, " Ar Teens" would qualify for something.

So today, I got my house cleaned up, we went grocery shopping & I am comfortably setting out on my back sunporch with a glass of tea just enjoying myself amidst the sounds of the neighbor's rooster crowing every five minutes because he is confused(it's 5 in the evening) & Jimmy using the chainsaw to cut up 9 trees out of our yard. It's hard to completely find solace & I'm about ready to take that chainsaw next door & serve roast chicken for dinner!!! lol lol

What a beautiful day!! I am loving life in this house. I can't believe that I am this incredibly happy. Is that possible?? It's almost scary to feel this happy. I feel like Jennifer Lopez in the movie "Selena" when she is sitting on the bridge & says that she feels like she is flying. I think the only thing that could make my life any happier was that if I had my family living near me here. I have 2 aunts that live close, but we don't get to see one another much.

What a wonderful husband I have!! Words cannot express how much I love and appreciate him each & every day. He has made all of my wishes & dreams come true. I couldn't begin to thank him for all of the joy he has brought into my life. I don't remember what life was like before I met him. Thank you God for my Jimmy!!! I don't know what I ever did to deserve him, but I am ever so greatful that you gave us the opportunity to find one another in this vast world!!


So, Captain Jive cut Mr. Bunnell's Hair!!! Hope you saved some for the baby book!!!

No comments: