Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You'll shoot your what?????


I had to laugh as I opened up different blogger friend's pages & saw that alot of my friends were doing exactly what I was this year. Watching that oldie, but a goodie, "The Christmas Story". It's funny how many times that thing is on every year, & I still laugh at it!!!

There are so many funny parts. I think the great award ( the leg lamp)that his dad wins is absolutely hilarious, along with the pink bunny suit. I would glance at it sporatically during the day & never once (in all of its 200 presentations) got to watch it all the way through. I told my sister-in-law Falina that," I sure hope that kid finally gets his gun this year!!" She cracked up laughing.

Well, let's talk about Christmas. I had a fabulous one. My husband really spoils me rotten. This year the "big" gift was a projection TV!!!! Heaven, I'm in Heaven...!!! lol lol lol

The most special thing that happened was after he set it up. I put in the "Nativity Story", & the three of us, Schatzie, Jimmy & I watched it together. It was very emotional for me. That right there is the true meaning of Christmas. Baby Jesus.

We all have alot to be thankful for. My heart was breaking as Joseph frantically pounded on doors just to find a place for Mary to deliver. When the King of all Kings was born, it was too much for me to handle. This precious baby, a gift to the world from God, was born in the most humbling of places. That's the way that God intended. He was making a statement. Jesus was going to be a different kind of King. He was looking for true believers. Believers who weren't interested in things of this world, like fancy things, because Jesus wasn't interested in these material objects. He was interested in saving souls.

I kept thinking. Here I am in this perfect house, with the perfect family, & that poor baby had to be born in a stable. Oh how I'm going to remind myself of that everytime life gets me down. I'm going to remind myself how fortunate I am to have a meal on my table, shoes on my feet & a nice warm home to come to after a long day of work.

It was also very nice to be able to visit with family & friends. I was glad to see the ones that I don't normally get to see. My how the little ones have grown. I was flashing pics the whole time telling everyone to "Say Cheesy!!!" It was a little annoying, but they sure smiled & I got alot of great shots!!!

Christmas ended with a bang as well. We had our Christmas with my parents at the end of the day this year. It was a great change & we all enjoyed it. I GOT MY DIGITAL PICTURE FRAME!!!!! Oh, how I wanted one!!! My sister made sure it was the last present I opened. I kept singing ( like Alvin & the Chipmunks) " I just want my picture frame" all day long. She finally let me have it!!!

Jimmy was very happy as well this year. He finally got his ring. He was so happy that I just had to share this pic with you. He knew what it was before he even opened it.

My family had a great day. I hope that yours did too. Merry Christmas to all!!!!!


No comments: