It's that time of year again. Although we have changed companies this year at work,it never stops, ( we are now Shentel Cable), I find myself embracing the Christmas holiday with a special vigor. I already have all the shopping done, stockings stuffed, & presents wrapped. ( I know you're saying Bah Humbug to that!! I can't help that I'm not a procrastinator!!!) By completing all of these tasks early, it helps to enjoy the holidays more. I can actually set back with a warm cup of tea in the evening, turn down the lights, turn on the gas fireplace, set on the couch & enjoy my Christmas tree. Oh how I love to look at that tree. It makes me all toasty inside. I turn on my Christmas music on the TV & I can set there for hours!!! It's truly relaxing & invigorating.
HOWEVER, With the Christmas tree decorated inside, my husband was not happy with the outside!! He decided to reinvent himself into his alter ego, Clark W Griswold II!!!!! We went to dinner & then went to super Walmart in Buckhannon to look at lights. He went hog wild!!! We bought 8 boxes of lights to go around the house. After we started hanging them, we found out we were a little bit short, so Clark sent me back to Buckhannon to get 5 more boxes. I didn't know whether to be excited or exhausted. While I was driving there, he calls to tell me that our flood lights to illuminate the sign had went out & could I please get some bulbs to replace them.
I told him I would get the lights & asked him if he wasn't busy to please put a pot of tea on for me so I could drink it after being out in the cold to get warmed up. He said he was very busy. I asked him what he was doing & he said he was in the house.
What could he possibly be doing?? I did the shopping, I was running to Walmart once again in the cold wintry weather, I was working on the laundry, the house was already picked up before I left. I just couldn't put my finger on what it was that had him so preoccupied. (Maybe, I began to think, he was busy wrapping presents for me!! ( big smile) )
"I'm watching Pitt play Connecticut!!!
HONESTLY!!!!! Here I am out breaking my neck for this fine family Christmas & he can't even put on a pot of tea!!! lol lol lol
I informed him that if I didn't see steam rising out of my kitchen when I got home that he was going to have to check under the tree for missing presents for him because I was going to remove some!!!!!! lol lol lol
Needless to say, I had tea!!
We decided to go to a Christmas Memorial service at the Forest Lawn Memorial Garden this evening. I was a little hesitant to go, but felt that it was important to participate. This is the first Christmas without J's stepmom & his dad really needs our support to make it through the holiday. It's always very hard for me to go there because my mom, cousin, aunt, grandparents & ex-mother in law are buried there. I can feel the tears begin to swell & my face getting hot everytime we turn up in the driveway. There are so many wonderful memories that we have shared & I can see them appear in my mind like a slideshow. Each grave had a luminary & we had to keep lighting them because the wind & snow kept putting them out. I cried as I lit my mom's & Dinah's candle. I sang "Away in the Manger" for my grandma, as it was the last song I sang to her before she passed. The experience was very emotional, memorable & the self gratification was amazing. I wasn't even cold!! It warmed my heart to think that I was able to celebrate their lives. You know they aren't even worried about the holidays, because they are in a place where they celebrate everyday. I would like to think that they at least got to look down & see me. I miss them so much!!!!!
All in all, It was a great day. I hope that everyone reading this blog enjoys their holidays & I wish you all much peace & joy!!!!!!!
Capt., I'm getting excited to see you soon!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment